ApacheCon is coming up soon – 7-11 November this year in lovely Vancouver, BC. Be sure to make your travel plans soon, especially for any US travelers who need to remember that we’re in Canada this year!
Is ApacheCon on your friends list? Let others know you’re attending by friending or signing up on your favorite social network:
Even better, you can now +1 ApacheCon postings on Google Plus. Talk about the “+1″ phrase coming full circle back to the group that popularized it years ago!
With credit to the many. many folks who have written nice stats collection code – a review of what the ASF is by the numbers.
- Committers (any project): 2771
- ASF Members (active): 370
- iCLAs on file (from any contributors): 4162
- PMC Members (all top level projects): 1788
- SVN revisions in public repo: r1165340+
- Lines of code: tens of millions++
Websites & Mailing Lists
- End users: countless.
- Web sites powered by Apache http Server: more than half worldwide
- People with Apache software on their computers: countless 
 As a single example: Apache Xalan and Apache Xerces are shipped as the XML reference implementation and processing stack in virtually all Java installs.
 ASF Membership, Committership, and PMC membership are only granted to individuals who have shown merit within the respective Apache community, as voted on by other Members or PMC members within that community.
The ASF is grateful to the many corporate sponsors who pledge financial assistance or provide bandwidth and other infrastructure needs! However technical and organizational decisions in Apache projects or within the Foundation itself are always made by the individuals within that community.