MeetUps are free for attendees, and are focused on individual project communities. In fact, the community is the primary driver to having a MeetUp – they’re doing the organizing, and the conference is happy to be able to provide space in our hotel this year. The only registration for the MeetUps is to sign up on the wiki page. If you have something to present, great; put it on the wiki, if not, just come with your questions about the project. Laptops are expected.
The ApacheMeetupsEu09 wiki page really has all the key details. If you go, tell them that Shane sent you.
- Wicket Meetup (day TBD depending on signups), has their own flickr tags.
- Jackrabbit Meetup (day TBD depending on signups), or anything about JCR; had a great meetup in 2008 too.
- Portals Meetup (day TBD depending on signups), including Portals Pluto, Jetspeed, Bridges and WSRP4J and other related projects.
- Lucene Meetup, will be Tuesday evening; ask about Lucene, Mahout, Solr, Droids, more.
- Maven Meetup (will be held if there are enough signups).
Many, many thanks to ArjÃ© Cahn for his patience with everyone! His tireless drive to ensure the MeetUps got organized and could share our space this year, a win for everyone, both MeetUp’ers and ApacheCon attendees as well – plus thanks to all the MeetUp organizers and project committers who are planning on presenting or being there to answer questions. We hope to get a number of Amsterdam area locals coming just for the MeetUps who will get to see a little bit of what ApacheCon is about.